I honestly can’t believe that another Bout-of-Books is over. To be totally honest, it’s kind of a blur. Which is kind of fitting since my vision really is a blur. So, aside from tired eyes, how did my Bout-of-Books week go? Amazingly well! If you visited my Goals post, you know that I actually had no goals. I did, however have some self imposed guidelines. My only regret is that I didn’t follow through on all of those. *sigh* My first mission was to read all of the books left over from my last Bout-of-Books list that I hadn’t gotten to yet. I had three and of those three I only didn’t get to one of them. It’s a shame to because Snow Child is the book that most people were encouraging me to read. The only other thing that I didn’t accomplish was to write a review after I finished each book. I actually didn’t fail too miserably at that. I only have reviews to write on the books that I completed this weekend. I can’t fault myself too much for that because by Sunday night I was in a reading frenzy.
Aside from those minor slips, this Bout-of-Books turned out to be my most productive yet. I’m thinking that having no goals will be my future strategy. Here’s the tally for the week:
- No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark #3) by Kresley Cole (384 Pages)
- Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman (264 Pages)
- The Hunt (VV Inn #2) by C.J. Ellisson (300 Pages)
- Fade Out (Morganville Vampires #7) by Rachel Caine (215 Pages)
- Deadlock (Southern Arcana #3) by Moira Rogers (264 Pages)
- Ethan’s Mate (The Vampire Coalition #1) by J.S. Scott (57 Pages)
- Two Weddings (And One Near Funeral) (Southern Arcana #3.5) by Moira Rogers (31 Pages)
- Enemy Within (Vampire Born #2) by Angeline Kace (341 Pages)
I have only read over 5 books one other time and that was during Bout-of-Books 4.0. I have NEVER read this many pages before. My final page count tally was 1926! My final book count was 7. It would have been 8, but I didn’t finish Fade Out until 12:25 am. I was so close! Ugh! Oh well, the important part was that I survived and had a lot of fun doing it. 😉 I didn’t participate in as many challenges as I wanted and I came in at the tail end of ALL of the Twitter chats, but there’s always next time!
So how about you? Did you survive your Bout-of-Books 7.0 experience? Be sure to check in at the Bout-0f-Books blog and tell us all about it!